About Our Physician Assistants at Island Eye Surgicenter
Island Eye is fortunate to have experienced Physician Assistants (PAs) on staff who are knowledgeable about ophthalmology and exclusively involved in the care of our ophthalmology patients.
Physician Assistants are licensed healthcare professionals who are authorized in New York State to practice medicine as part of a team with physicians.
PAs deliver a broad range of medical and surgical services, including:
- Conducting physical exams
- Obtaining medical histories
- Diagnosing and treating illnesses
- Ordering and interpreting tests
- Counseling on preventive health care
- Prescribing medications
- Assisting in surgery
Our PAs are:
- Board certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Licensed, certified and registered in New York.
- Experienced in assisting the surgeons with complicated procedures.
We are proud to have the following PAs on staff at Island Eye:
(Please click on their names to read more about them.)