Joseph Bacotti, MD, FACS
Cataract & Refractive Surgery and Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Dr. Joseph Bacotti is a board-certified ophthalmologist in private practice in Mineola, N.Y. Dr. Bacotti graduated from Adelphi University, Garden City, N.Y., in 1973 and attended medical school in Monterrey, Mexico. He received his degree in medicine and surgery in 1978, and completed his internship at Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola, N.Y. Continuing his education, he completed his residency in ophthalmology at the Nassau County Medical Center in East Meadow, N.Y., in 1982. Dr. Bacotti has been a member of the Mineola Lion’s Club for many years. For the Lion’s district, he lectures on diabetes, glaucoma and macular degeneration. In addition, Dr. Bacotti is the Lion’s co-chair for sight. Dr. Bacotti is certified on the CATALYS Femtosecond Laser to perform Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery (LACS).
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- New York State Ophthalmological Society, Past President
- Long Island Ophthalmological Society, Past President
- Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmologists
- Nassau Academy of Medicine, Past President Medicine Section
- Nassau County Medical Center
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Medical Society State of New York
- Lions Eye Bank, Board of Directors & Vice Chairman
- Delegate to the State Medical Society, New York State Ophthalmological Society
- Lion’s Co-Chair for Sight, Long Island
Dr. Bacotti also serves on the boards of the New York State Ophthalmological Society, the Long Island Ophthalmological Society and the Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmologists. He lectures extensively to ophthalmologists, other physicians, optometrists, opticians and technicians on all aspects of eye care, locally, nationally and internationally.
Dr. Bacotti is an associate of Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island, OCLI. OCLI consists of over 30 eye doctors representing most specialties of ophthalmology in eleven locations throughout Long Island: Rockville Centre, Lynbrook, Valley Stream, East Setauket, Manhasset, East Meadow, Port Jefferson, Mineola, Garden City, Massapequa and Plainview.
Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island
Mineola, NY 11501
For Appointments: 1-866-SEE-OCLI (1-866-733-6254)